Unknowingly letting things like this lip happen.

Monday, October 14, 2013

Well, lets try to give this blog thing a real shot.

We're moving. To the Netherlands. And, I'm pregnant with number 3. And, I don't want to go because I love our house and our neighbors and our neighborhood and Pittsburgh.

Notice I pretty much want you to feel sorry for me?

I think I want you to because I'm having a pity party kind of day. But, in trying to figure out the 1000th thing about this move, I've been reading a lot of expat blogs. Which are all good and have some helpful tips, but none that are answering exactly what I'm wondering. So, in hopes that one day this info might help another want-to-be-pitied soul, I'm going to (try to) chronicle this whole thing.

Chuck's already over there and is adapting really well. He seems to like it and despite how moving usually makes him Mr. Serious,  he is pretty laid back and positive. I'm really trying to figure out if he is truly this relaxed about it or if he knows that one of us needs to appear like our crap is together and he doesn't want to poke the crazy giant (AKA, me) so he is taking the role on.

I over-share on facebook so none of this is probably news to anybody (my one follower Liz!) reading this, but still thought maybe I can unspam people's fb newsfeeds if I put more effort into this.

The positives:
Our house here in PA has already sold and did so in under a week. It also sold to a family that I feel (so far) really good about which is a prayer answered because the first offer we got, I felt sick to my stomach about. Which in turn made me feel less than thrilled with those people. So, sold to good ones. With at least one little kid, maybe two, which makes Chuck and I happy for our neighborhood and our dear Dave and Bonnie (next door faux grandparents).

Chuck may have found us a home today in the Netherlands. It's a little more than we had hoped for, but we think it will do and make us feel most at home.

I got a great girls weekend trip to L.A. with Keri and Lori out of the move. Suuuuuuper fun!

Today's task of deciding on a house led to trying to tentatively choose a school for the girls. Hence why I am now overwhelmed and Negative Nancy again. I know I'm just being a brat and it will be fine and we will love our time over there... I just want to be a brat for a while. So, no decision is made yet but when we do decide, I will post info about it for those (hopefully) future expat readers!




No comments:

Post a Comment